Purpose of the role
• To publicise the work of Citizens Advice Portsmouth.
• Building and executing social media strategy through competitive and audience research
• Generating and sharing content daily that builds meaningful connections
• Setting up and optimising company pages within each social media platform.
• Use social media to attract and interact with targeted virtual communities and networks users.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
• Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
• Manage Citizens Advice Portsmouth social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other relevant platforms
• Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
• Set up and optimise company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
• Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community.
• Continuously improve by capturing and analysing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
• Collaborate with other staff members to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
• Propose new ideas and concepts for social media content
• Attend and promote services at local community events
Personal skills and qualities that a social media worker needs
• Understanding of, and commitment to, the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice service and its equality and diversity policies.
• To be able to work as part of a team.
• Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
• Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability
• Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
• Able to develop links in the community.
• experience in social media or digital media
• Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels