Citizens Advice Portsmouth
Purpose of the role
- You could do this role if you are available to volunteer at least one six-hour day per week for at least 3 months.
- To help ensure the smooth running and organisation of Citizens Advice Portsmouth (CAP).
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Typing letters and memos for leader.
- Updating databases and information systems.
- Drafting presentations on Powerpoint.
- Managing leader’s diary and reminders
- Preparing for and arranging meetings
- Taking minutes at meetings.
- Answering the telephone, taking messages where appropriate.
- Completing research and campaigns forms.
- Greeting visitors.
Personal skills and qualities that the assistant needs:
- A commitment to the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice.
- To be organised and systematic.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- A willingness to attend training and other meetings.
- To be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
Applications by cv and covering letter, detailing relevant skills and experience to:
Leader of Citizens Advice Portsmouth
Citizens Advice Portsmouth is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all applicants who meet the person specification irrespective of sex, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, age, or disability.